11 Nov How to Get a Psychiatric Evaluation in California
A psychiatric evaluation can be an important part of an addiction recovery program and help you get the resources you need to live a sober life. The evaluation can take place in an outpatient or inpatient facility, any licensed therapist’s office, or even at your own home with mobile health service providers like Elite Home Detox.
The process – What happens during the evaluation?
A psychiatric evaluation for addiction assesses your behavior and symptoms, substance abuse history, and personal and family history of mental health. This information helps your treatment team develop a plan tailored to your unique needs. The specialist who conducts the assessment will ask you questions about your life and past experiences with drugs or alcohol. During that time, you’ll be asked questions focusing on your use of drugs and alcohol and any other mental health issues you may have struggled with over time. The evaluator will also interview your family members or friends who can offer additional insight into your substance abuse struggles. They will try to learn more about your habits and behaviors as well as develop a treatment plan if one is needed.
Who should get one
A psychiatric evaluation is important for anyone struggling with addiction. It can help assess the severity of your addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders and can also be used to create a treatment plan that will address all of your needs. A psychiatric evaluation should be part of the process if you consider getting help for your addiction.
- How Does Opioid Withdrawal Look And What To Expect
- Can You Overdose From Opioids And How To Handle It?
- How To Recognize Opioid Addiction And What Are Your Treatment Options?
- How To Detox From Demerol
- How Does In-Home Detox for Cocaine Addiction Work?
- How Does In-Home Detox for Benzodiazepine Addiction Work?
- How Does In-Home Detox for Heroin Addiction Work?
- How To Detox From Fentanyl
- What To Expect From Medically Assisted Detox
In-Home Psychiatric Evaluation for Substance Abuse with Elite Home Detox
Mental health issues and substance abuse problems often go hand in hand. Elite Home Detox is certified to make dual diagnoses in order to comprehensively address our patients’ rehabilitation.
The benefits of a psychiatric evaluation for substance abuse include:
- Assessing and diagnosing an underlying mental health disorder helps determine the best treatment plan.
- Rehab plans will include treatment for the patient’s mental health as well as the addiction itself.
- Treatment plans can address substance use triggers more effectively.
- Treatments for co-existing mental health disorders can help empower patients to prevent relapse for long-term sobriety.
- Treatments can help improve work, school, and social and family relationships.
- Our medical team is trained and experienced in all aspects of addiction recovery, and every program is overseen by our medical director to ensure top quality care.