25 Jul Prescription Drug Addiction Rehab
Table of Contents:
Prescription Drug Addiction Rehab
Opiates, a class of drugs that includes both prescription medication and illicit substances, are at the center of the opioid epidemic in the US. Prescription drugs can help reduce pain from chronic conditions and make recovering from surgery more comfortable, among other uses. Although prescription drugs are largely effective at reducing pain, they are also highly addictive.
When used as prescribed, patients can enjoy the benefits of prescription medications while recovering from illness or injury. Addiction often occurs when a patient uses more of a drug than is prescribed due to the desire for stronger effects.
Signs and Symptoms of Prescription Drug Addiction
The signs of opiate addiction are distinct from symptoms of other types of drugs. If you have a loved one you suspect has an addiction, knowing the symptoms of prescription drug addiction can help you know when to stage an intervention.
The symptoms of prescription drug addiction include:
- Seeming ‘high’ (euphoric)
- Confusion and mental changes
- Coordination changes
- Taking higher doses than prescribed
- Poor decision-making
- Extreme mood swings
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Loss of interest in hobbies, family, and relationships
- Losing prescriptions or needing frequent refills
- Taking prescriptions from friends or family
Identifying prescription drug addiction early can improve the chances of successful rehabilitation. Elite Home Detox can help.
- What Percentage Of College Sexual Assaults Involve Alcohol?
- Xanax Withdrawal And How To Treat It
- How To Deal With Kratom Withdrawal
- Can You Develop A Kratom Addiction?
- What Is Black Tar Heroin?
- Can You Use Tramadol to Manage Opiate Withdrawal?
- Is Alcoholism A Disease, Addiction, Or Disorder?
- How Long Does It Take To Detox From Oxycodone?
- How Long Does Oxycodone Stay In Your System?
The Elite Home Detox Difference
Elite Home Detox brings the quality and services of an inpatient drug rehabilitation facility directly to the comfort and privacy of your home. Home drug rehabilitation services offer minimal disruption to your daily schedule and are especially valuable for on-the-go business professionals or entrepreneurs. You can continue your routine as normal while kicking prescription drug medication for good.
In-home drug rehab is different than a residential rehab center in that you don’t live with other people. You receive on-call, 24/7 attention from your dedicated recovery team without having to spend a night away from home.
Elite Home Detox provides you with the support and services you need for a successful recovery. Ongoing, direct-delivery lab tests, interventions, counseling, and IV detox services are just a few of the services we offer. Together, we can help you along your road to recovery.