23 Jul How a San Francisco Opioid Detox Program Works
If you’ve ever struggled with addiction before, you likely know how difficult it is to stop using drugs. One of the most addictive drugs in the United States is the category of drugs known as opioids. They are prescribed to treat several different issues relating to pain and recovery. The trouble is that opioids are highly addictive, and the only way to truly get clean is to go through opioid detox with medical supervision.
Table of Contents:
What is detox?
Detox is the process of removing a foreign substance from the body. In this case, the opioids are in a person’s body. When a person detoxes from drugs, the body has an adverse reaction to the lack of the drug in the system. This is what is known as withdrawal. In most cases, detox is performed in a closed setting with medical supervision to deal with withdrawal symptoms.
How withdrawal affects the detox process
Withdrawal symptoms can start within a few hours after a person stops using a drug. The symptoms can range from mild to life-threatening. This depends on how long the person has been used and overall health. Left unmanaged, the symptoms from withdrawal often lead to relapse as well.
At-home detox is a way to get the medically supervised detox a person needs without going into a rehab facility and being stuck there until treatment is complete with little to no privacy.
- How Does Opioid Withdrawal Look And What To Expect
- How Does In-Home Detox for Opioid Addiction Work?
- Can You Overdose From Opioids And How To Handle It?
- How To Recognize Opioid Addiction And What Are Your Treatment Options?
- What Are Common Symptoms Of Opioid Abuse?
- How To Detox From Demerol
- How Does In-Home Detox for Cocaine Addiction Work?
- How Does In-Home Detox for Benzodiazepine Addiction Work?
- How Does In-Home Detox for Heroin Addiction Work?
- How To Detox From Fentanyl
- What To Expect From Medically Assisted Detox
Recover From Opioid Use At Home With Elite Home Detox
The only way to have reliable medical attention during detox is if you’re going through an opioid detox program. You can do this at an inpatient facility or from the comfort of your home. Elite Home Detox is a national leader in at-home opioid detox programs. We provide you with 24/7 in-home care throughout the withdrawal process. Call today to make an appointment and start on your path to recovery.