24 Jun How Much Does Rehab Cost?
If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse disorder, you may be wondering: “How much does rehab cost?” Even though professional help is an essential part of overcoming an addiction, cost is naturally a huge part of your considerations. Read on for more information about the costs of the different types of rehab.
Table of Contents:
How much does rehab cost? It depends.
Unfortunately, preparing for the cost of upcoming treatment is not as easy as Googling a drug rehab estimator tool. Because the range of drugs and severity of addiction requiring treatment is so varied, and the treatments involved can vary themselves, there’s no one-size-fits-all formula to estimate costs without fully reviewing what you will need.
That said, below is a general guide on cost broken down by treatment types.
Outpatient Detox: total cost averages $1,000 – $2,500
Detox, short for detoxification, refers to the time period shortly after your last use of a drug. Because your body and/or mind has become dependent on the drug, the process of your body adjusting to no longer having the drug, known as withdrawal, can range from uncomfortable to extremely dangerous.
Outpatient detox means you would go to a clinic for treatment of withdrawal symptoms and return home afterward. If withdrawal symptoms could result in hospitalization, you would need closer monitoring and should expect to pay more as a result.
Inpatient Rehabilitation: total cost ranges $6,000 - $60,000
Inpatient rehabilitation costs can vary greatly depending on the clinic and length of program. The average costs can be further broken down as follows:
- 30-day rehab program cost – $6,000-$20,000
- 60-90 day rehab program cost – $12,000-$60,000
Inpatient rehabilitation costs allow you to live onsite at a clinic for the agreed-upon time period. These programs generally include detox, as well as various group therapies and guided activities to help you build coping skills to avoid relapse once graduated from the program.
Many clinics also offer luxury add-ons such as massages, acupuncture, swimming pools, and other amenities to make your stay more comfortable. As with anything, the more add-on features you accept, the more you will pay for your rehab program.
Outpatient Rehabilitation – total cost averages $5,000 - $10,000
Outpatient rehabilitation programs typically consist of a three-month program. Costs vary depending on the clinic, as well as how often a patient visits on a weekly basis and for what services.
Outpatient rehab generally consists of detox support, as well as group therapies and skill-building to help avoid relapse. As with any program, the more services you add on, the more expensive your program will be.
Medications – Can cost up to $5,000 annually
Depending on what substance you are detoxing from, you may need long-term medication support to help avoid dangerous withdrawal. People recovering from alcohol or opiate addiction are most likely to need medication as part of treatment. The typical cost of methadone treatment (for those recovering from heroin addiction) for one year is roughly $4,700.
Weighing your options
It’s important to consider cost practically rather than allow the price tag to entirely guide your choices. Cutting costs in the short term can actually lead to higher prices later when a cheaper rehab plan fails to meet your specific needs. Conversely, an expensive rehab plan isn’t necessary for individuals with a mild addiction.
Some factors to consider include:
Transportation: It’s important to consider both the cost and the length of your trip to a clinic when considering if outpatient rehab is a feasible option.
Is it discreet?
Is it discreet? If your income or standing within your community could be negatively impacted by news that you are seeking drug rehabilitation treatment, it’s important to consider how this would be handled in different rehabilitation scenarios. For example, if you need to be available on a day-to-day basis, reducing your schedule for outpatient therapy may be preferable over inpatient therapy.
Long term goals
Long term goals: It’s important to keep focus on what will best prepare you to maintain sobriety. Some people benefit from “getting away from it all,” whereas others struggle to apply skills they learned in a controlled medical setting to their real life experiences.
Elite Home Detox – A Cost-Effective Alternative
In-home drug rehabilitation services tend to yield better results than short-term inpatient stays, with the average year of treatment costing about the same as a 30-60 day inpatient program.
Elite Home Detox takes a chronic disease approach to drug rehabilitation. Our services bring the expertise of a rehabilitation clinic to you. As mobile concierge care providers, we skip the administrative hassle and expense of working with insurance companies and place our focus on patients. Elite Home Detox is proud to offer patients:
- Designated Care Coordinators: Specialists who help organize your health plan and help you stay on track in recovery.
- In-Home Medical Evaluations and Detox: Our services are brought to your home by our compassionate Doctors and
- Medical professionals: During detox, one of our team members stays onsite 24/7 to monitor your health and administer medications to help relieve withdrawal symptoms. Your journey to wellness can begin in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
- Case Management: Every patient is assessed individually to curate a program that takes their needs and lifestyle into consideration. Patients learn strategies to cope without sacrificing sobriety as they face their problems with a support system in place.
- Concierge Medical and Mental Health Services: You can have access to primary care and mental health stabilization services from providers who understand the challenges faced by those with substance abuse disorders.
- Family Counseling and Education: Our therapists work with patients’ loved ones to help them understand the realities of substance abuse disorder. We seek to give them tools to maintain healthy boundaries and encourage patients towards maintaining sobriety. Educating both patients and their families about healthy communication strategies can help strengthen relationships and create a better support network.
Our experts are ready and waiting to answer your questions and help you begin your journey. Call or click the button below for a custom consultation today!