31 Aug Drug Rehab Services At Home Vs In A Clinic: Pros And Cons
When it comes to successfully completing a drug rehab program, finding the best fit for you is key to your success. Drug rehab services at home vs in a clinic have their pros and cons.
Table of Contents:
Drug Rehab Services at Home
Drug rehab services at home offer the same therapy and trigger management as inpatient and outpatient treatment centers. However, because this method of addiction therapy takes place privately in your home, your coaching team is able to offer personalized attention.
At-home services allow you to stay on your normal schedule, which is ideal for busy professionals or people who can’t take time away from work. This type of addiction recovery therapy is minimally disruptive to your routine, allowing you to stay at home and continue spending time with friends and family as normal.
Pros of at-home addiction treatment include:
- Personalized attention from a specialized coaching team
- Privacy and discretion
- Dedicated team
- No travel time needed
- Minimally disruptive to your schedule
- Can involve as many or as few people as you want
- On-call support for relapse
Cons of at-home addiction treatment include:
- Does not always work with insurance
- No group therapy – all appointments are direct and individual
- Can be distracting for recovery, as you are not removed from your usual responsibilities and triggers
One of the greatest benefits of at-home drug therapy is the amount of privacy you have. If discretion is your goal, then home addiction treatment may be the perfect choice for you.
Drug Rehab Services at a Clinic
Drug rehab clinics have been a mainstay of drug addiction recovery for years. Drug rehab treatment centers are destinations you’ll usually need to travel to, meaning that you may spend time away from friends, family, and work in order to complete the program.
Some clinics are inpatient clinics, also known as residential inpatient clinics. These facilities are designed to be comfortable, minimize stress and discomfort during your recovery.
Inpatient clinics also physically remove you from temptation and separate you from any triggers you may have that drive you to use drugs or alcohol. Other clinics are outpatient clinics, meaning less disruption to your schedule, but at the end of the day, you may not have access to 24/7 support.
Pros of drug rehab therapy centers include:
- Group support and therapy
- Dedicated facilities with comprehensive resources
- Usually works with insurance
- Daily guided activities designed to put your mind at ease during the recovery process
- Guided therapy to help you recognize and manage your triggers
- Allows you to focus on recovery
Cons of drug rehab therapy centers include:
- Travel time and duration
- It May not be ideal for people who want discretion and privacy
- You may not be able to take weeks away from work to complete a recovery program
Whether inpatient or outpatient, most clinics offer group support therapy to help you recognize patterns in your drug usage and learn how to manage your triggers. Many people find group therapy beneficial, as this framework emphasizes drug rehab as a collaborative effort in which you are not alone. In addition, many drug rehab clinics make an active effort to involve your family as part of your support group, but the extent and method vary from clinic to clinic.
At-Home Addiction Recovery with Elite Home Detox
Elite Home Detox is your at-home drug rehab service in Los Angeles. Our coaching team is dedicated to helping you kick your addiction and offers 24/7 support during your recovery.
Recovering from drug addiction requires a layered approach to address everything from withdrawal to identifying triggers and detoxing your body. That’s why we offer counseling and case management, testing and monitoring, mental health counseling, NAD detox, and more. Elite Home Detox is your solution for successfully kicking your addiction once and for all. Give us a call today for a confidential assessment.